Busy Busy

The last two months I've been very busy in the game. I completely ignored my main during the first week of the expansion in favor of leveling a new Worgen with the hubby. We got them to level 60 by the first weekend. We then switched to our mains, leveled them to 85 in two days then went back to our worgens. A week later they were 85 also. Sadly we've not done anything much with them since.

I really enjoyed the worgen starting zone. The quests were very well done and the story line was interesting. We had a very easy time leveling as I chose to make a warrior while the hubby made a priest. He went shadow of course but for the low levels he was still able to keep me healed. After leaving the starting zone we decided to leave Kalmidor and level in the Eastern Kingdoms. We figured every new worgen being made in those first days would follow the trial of quests and be leveling through Dark Shore and Ashenvale so we chose to head to Westfall. It was the right choice as we nearly had the place to ourselves. Very few others did the same as us and the zones were fairly empty.

Once we made it to level 15 we started leveling through dungeons as well as doing quests. I had made my warrior a tank, but we still had to wait ages in the queues as very few people were in the low level dungeons. We did dungeons all the way up to level 80. After that it was just quests. I didn't feel comfortable tanking the dungeons as I was not familiar with them yet. Sadly that has cost me a bit. Now I've not played my warrior in weeks and I'm afraid to take her into a dungeon. The pug have been horrible the past week. Gearing up my shaman was no big deal as the pugs were all great and no huge issues. But now with my priest its a battle just to get through the first pull most of the time. More than once I've gotten into an instance only to have the group break up with out pulling anything. They'd just wiped, re-queued to get fillers then the tank or healer ditches so the group breaks up. I understand not wanting to stay with a bad group. But if you are planning on leaving don't re-queue the group! As a dps I have to wait 45+ minutes in a queue. This means I've just wasted nearly an hour waiting for a group only to have to wait for another hour for another group. It's maddening.

And these bad groups have me scared to take my tank in. She's 85 but she can't do heroics yet. So I'd be doing normals which might not be a big deal, but still. I hate letting people down and I know how much it sucks to get a bad tank and have the group break up and I don't want to be that tank. But how do I get better unless I just jump in? Sure I could try to wrangle together a guild group, but more often than not lately I've been the only one on line. Everyone has been rather busy with life lately. One has 3 weeks left of a business trip, his wife doesn't play much while he's gone, one is MIA, one is playing StarCraft, 2 others have been playing alts on another server and my hubby? Well he's been playing Dragon Ages, lol.

Maybe I'll try to work up some courage and tank one this weekend.

Comments