Project Runway

This guest post from Josue Nichols

I have to admit, I'm a reality TV addict. From Survivor to Big Brother, any show that gathers a group of competitors together and eliminates one at a time until only one is left always gets my attention. It's for this reason that my interest was piqued when my girlfriend suggested we watch Project Runway. The premise of the show is pretty basic; a group of aspiring fashion designers compete in challenges every week. The one who fares the poorest is sent home.

The first thing I noticed was that the personalities of the contestants were fascinating, ranging from fun and flamboyant to downright Machiavellian. I've never been very interested in fashion, but the unique variety of challenges keeps me watching every week. Heidi Klum does an excellent job of hosting, but the real star of the show is Tim Gunn. Gunn acts as adviser and mentor to the contestants, and is always there with sage advice and a witty quip. It's an incredibly fun show to watch, and you can be sure that my satellite TV, that I got after reading up on dirctv vs dish, will be tuned in every single week.

Comments