Time to Change

27e25904ee70e383446cb380e154eec37effb18.Over the last several years I've gained weight. A significant amount of weight. I realized that I was gaining but didn't pay attention to it. I was happy with my life so it didn't matter. I'm still happy with my life but I've realized that if I don't make some changes it won't always be happy. I've actually known this for quite some time now, but I've not found the motivation to actually do anything about it. Any reason that I could come up with to lose weight was always one that I could put off or shrug off as not really all that important. But now my parents have decided they are taking the entire family on a cruise next summer. That gives me a little less than one year to lose some weight. I don't really have to weight to go on the cruise but I know I'll be able to have a lot more fun and do more things if I do lose some weight.


So I've made a commitment to myself to lose at least 50lbs before the cruise. My over all goal is much larger, 150 total, but I'm starting with a goal that I know is not only attainable and reasonable, but healthy. My weight when I started this was at 307lbs though my high was closer to 315lbs (which is why the widget on this blog says I've lost 12lbs rather than just the 4lbs I've recorded so far). My ultimate goal is to get to about 150lbs give or take, I still need to talk to my doctor about what my actual goal should be but I can get started.


This is not going to be easy for me. I'm good about starting things but never finishing. I get board or lazy. Already this week I've put off walking 2 days, telling myself that I've already walked 2 days this week, I only need to walk one more even though I know that a walk every day will help me even more. I'm doing my best to add support into my system this time. I'm doing my best to get my husband involved, I've got a couple of friends on myfitnesspal.com to help keep me accountable with what I eat and I'll be actively updating my weight so that if it stops going down or starts going back up I can see it and do something about it. I really need someone, or several someones, to poke me every once in a while to keep me going in the right direction. At least until my willpower to succeed over comes my willpower to want to stay on the couch.

Comments