Exercise (or lack there of) Update - October 24

53a257b46274c3034e1ca702478eb4990addb53.

This past month has not been a good month. I've not posted any updates recently because there simply hasn't been any progress on my end. At the moment my weight is nearly exactly where it was a month ago. In fact some days it is up. I simply have not been able to get below 290lbs. But it is my own fault. The image above explains some of it. If I have a bad day I end up just going ahead and making it a "really" bad day. And I need to stop doing that.

The other issue is that my walking has been sporadic at best. Several weeks ago the hubby got sick and we slacked off walking until he felt better. Then shortly after that he sprained his knee trying to start running. He was barely able to walk for about 2 weeks. And because I don't like to walk alone I of course wasn't walking either. His knee has been better for a couple of weeks now but we've not gotten back into walking regularly. We've been going to the zoo on the weekend still, we've even increased it to both Saturday and Sunday but when that is basically all we are doing during the week it isn't enough.

I can't even blame the weather. It has been absolutely beautiful here. Temps in the mid to upper 70s, sunshine, just near perfect. I've been trying to walk more during my lunch again to make up for us not walking in the evenings but even that isn't working out as I'd like. The last two times that I've gone I've only been able to manage one lap through the parking garage instead of my normal two. I'm starting to get shin splints and by the time I'm half way through the first lap I can barely keep going. In my mind I want to keep going but I can't force my legs to actually keep moving.

I wonder if it is because of the ramps in the garage? They are not terribly steep and I've been walking in there because it does give more of a work out than just walking down the street but I'm thinking I need to change tactics for a while. Today I'm going to skip the garage and just walk outside, maybe see if I can make it to the park and back before my lunch break is up. If I can make a 40 minute walk on flat ground I may have to go back to just that for a while and save the garage for when the weather actually turns colder.

Even to me all of this sounds like just a bunch of excuses and that I should just get off my duff, work through the pain and use some will power when my husband comes home with a bag of candy. I keep telling myself this. Every day I tell myself this. I look at my weight and I tell myself "it your own fault those numbers are not moving". I know it is, but there are still days when I simply can't make myself do anything, no matter how much I know I should.

Comments