Naw, I don't need to know that...

This morning the Law office is holding a huge hearing regarding the Fire Union contract. They are using the commission board room down the hall as well as our two conference rooms to hold people. It's quite the mess and I have no clue really what is going on. But you would think as the receptionist and admin person for the office I would be kept in the loop about the plans. But no, I guess I'm just supposed to sit here and look pretty because nobody has told me jack shit about what the "plan" is. I thought our two rooms were just going to be for over flow, but no they actually have specific people they want sitting in them. So any effort I could give to be helpful is wasted because I don't know what the "plan" is.

More and more I wonder what the point of my position is. It seems I'm just here to answer phones and direct traffic on the floor because for the most part I don't have anything else to do. I have my odds and ends that come up here and there but nothing critical. I'm not really kept in the loop about anything that goes on. If I don't watch everyone calendars, I don't know when people will be showing up for meetings. When stuff like this is set up I'm barely told about it. The manager's Tuesday morning meeting location was switched to being in our office but I wasn't informed about it. And even if I had been I would have had no clue who was coming to it as the calendar didn't say and commissioners come to that meeting apparently.

I just really feel useless. Normally an admin runs the office, I just sit in waiting for someone to need something. Half the time when people come to the office they just walk past me like I'm not even here. For the most part I like the people I work with, but I'm not friends with any of them. I seem to just be the weird person in the hall to talk to once in a while but that's about it. I'm not included in anything that goes on in my office and the people in the law office all do their own thing. They've been working together for years and are actually around each other. But a hallway and a locked door separate me from them so I only see them when they have to leave the office for something.

It seems this really turned into less of a rant and more of whine. But it is what is I guess.

Comments