The End of the World

Today marks the start of a whole new chapter in the World of Warcraft. Deathwing makes his devastating return and the world as we know will be forever changed. I'm disappointed in myself for getting distracted last night and not thinking about going and taking some screen shots of places that will be changing.

The hubby and I ran ZG for the last time yesterday. No mounts for either of us and I didn't even think to take any screen shots. ZG was my first ever raid. My rogue had just gotten to level 60 and the guild I had joined happened to be a raiding guild. I had to practically beg for an invite and they eventually let me in. Her gear was crap, but I gave it my all. I died so many times as I had no idea what I was doing. What I remember best is getting drunk from the spider bites and not being able to see anything as I didn't know about the full screen glow effect and that it could be turned off. I also died so many times to the bat riders when they would blow up. I only ever saw the tiger mount drop one time in all the times I've run the place. It dropped during on of our raids back in vanilla. One of the mages in the guild had a standing offer to by the mount for 5k gold to the winner of the role. Of course the winner took it as 5k was a fortune back then. In the last few weeks a person would of had to pay a good 100k for the mount. As of today neither the tiger nor the raptor will be available.

There are a lot of other things I'm going to miss. All my first characters were dwarves and I remember questing in Loch Modan and being amazed by the dam there. Such a huge majestic thing and today it will be destroyed.

Sadly I don't even know what all changes are going to take place. I know of many of them, but I'm sure there are more. I'm going to have to check out Moonglade today. The hubby and I met in the game and in celebration of our one month together we held an in game wedding. Our Wedding was held in "our spot" in Moonglade by the side of the lake under a large tree. All our friends were there and it was perfect. Sadly I lost a lot of those screen shots when my old computer was stolen several years ago. I hope Moonglade doesn't change to much. I don't want to lose our spot.

Another thing I'm going to miss are seeing the trolls on the side of the mountain between Darkshore and Felwood. I've always wanted to go and party with those trolls as they always seem to be having a party and it looked to be such a good time. I hear they will no longer be there. Their village will be burned to the ground. With the addition of Old World Flying I was hoping to finally go and visit them, but alas that will never happen.

The world is going to be shattered. New enemies will be fought. And the past will be an even more distant memory for those of us who have been playing since the beginning. For good or bad a new world is upon us.

Comments