Sweatin' It

I've been over weight for a long time. And when I say over weight, I'm not talking like a cheerleader who thinks she's fat, I'm talking over weight as in I'm seriously unhealthy. I'm not so unhealthy that I could drop dead at any moment. My blood pressure is fine and as far as I know my cholesterol is also, but there are some things I find physically hard to do.

Lately I've been thinking more and more about getting married. Yes, I know I call Brian my hubby, but we're not technically married. In all sense of the word we are, we just don't have that little piece of paper to make it all official. I've been married and divorced once before so I hadn't really worried about us getting married and never really thought about having any sort of wedding, but lately I have been. I have all these ideas running through my head of what our wedding should be like and what I want to do. Some simple and cheap yet elegant. But then I look in the mirror and I see my very round, curvy and some what lumpy figure. I'm not ashamed of my body, but I look at myself and I realize that the type of dress I have in mind, while it probably wouldn't look bad on me, wouldn't look its best either. What dress can really look its best when your stomach goes out farther than your boobs? Mine really isn't out farther, but they are about the same sadly. I also have a rather large shelf on my backside.

So I made a decision over the weekend. I want to lose at least 50 pounds by my birthday in March. That is about 3.5 months away. That wouldn't put me anywhere near my ideal weight, but it would be a very good start and only leave me maybe another 70 to go after that. And yes you added correctly, I really need to lose about 120 pounds to really be at a healthy weight for my age and height. It would put me at around 170 pounds as I'm around 290 right now.

With my mind made up I put my plan into action yesterday. It's much to cold to really be able to spend any real time outside and I spend so much time just sitting at my desk that its not doing me any good. So I did a quick Google search and found some easy to do Desk Exercises. These are some simple stretches, bends and lifts that I can do in my desk chair here at work. It's just some basic strength training, but I know it will be helpful. Then when I got home last night I turned on the Wii and put in our Sport Resort game. We don't have Wii Fit so this is the best I can do. I started out with the rowing thinking that would be a work out, but I was disappointed. So I moved on to the cycling and it wasn't any better. Feeling a bit let down that I wasn't going to be able to get a real workout with this game I gave the basket ball a shot. The game is just a 3-point shootout. There is a time limit and 25 balls that I have to shoot from a 3 point range on the court. This game got me moving! Even though all I really had to do was swing my arm for the shot, I found myself getting my entire body involved just like I was actually on a basket ball court. I was using both arms and found myself actually jumping like I was making an actual shot. I spent about 20 minutes playing several rounds of this before I was all sweaty and ready to rest.

Another change I've decided to make to go along with this exercise is that I'm going to try to no longer drink any soda. I was only drinking Diet Sierra Mist but I've decided that I should try to stick to water. And since water can be really boring I've bought some flavored drink mix to help keep it interesting.

So far I'm succeeding with my new routine, but then again its only been 1 day. Lets see if I can keep it up and drop the pounds. Maybe I should by a scale to know for sure though, lol  

Comments

  1. Hi Rose!
    I know exactly where you are. And if you don't know, (most people do know) I was disabled back in 1992 in a truck wreak. Anyway, my legs are mostly crap for being very active from the wreak and not able to exercise a lot and it's really catching up with me now.

    Well, doctor tells me there's many exercises I can do sitting in a chair or on the floor. Any movement that will get the heart beat up will burn fat away.

    Walking is a great fat burner. But you speak of it's to cold to do much outside. What about a mall near you??? I like walking in a mall. NO SHOPPING! LOL Just crowning because I know women love to shop!
    But I like going to the mall to walk. Our mall has places set up all through the mall where people can sit and rest if need to.

    And YES, drink lots of water. I know it's boring. But be careful with lots of the additives for water on the markets because of sugar.

    Myself, I hate scales and will not use them!! Because when I think I am doing good and I weigh myself and see I've stayed the same weight
    or gained a pound or so, I get disappointed bad. I judge my losing by my clothes and belt.
    You surely sound like you have a plan. Just takes will power and get use to doing what you need to do, you'll reach any gold you shoot for.
    Don't get me wrong, dieting is not one bit easy!! But if a person is in the right mind set and make themselves get off the couch, it can be done.
    And I truly believe you can! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the support Chilly, means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You much welcome! I understand where you are because I'm right there too. I know it's not easy one bit!
    For some reason lately I have fell off a little, not totally fell off but close to it. And guess what.. here comes Christmas FOOD. :-( I'm not that strong when there turkey, dressing and pies. lol
    But after Christmas, it's full focus even if I have to go on bread and water alone. ;-) I have to good of a start to fail now.
    HUGS!! You can do it, Darlin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sis! I just read your post cause I had forgotten to click "follow" on your new blog site.
    First of all let me say, good for you for making the decision to make this change. I'm proud of you just for taking action in your mind, and even more so for being brave enough to blog about it! We all love you so much and want to see you healthy. I know you can do it!
    I know you don't usually spend a lot of time fixing your hair and stuff in the morning, but one thing that I do while getting ready in the morning is to simply march in place, or do squats while I blow dry my hair. It's not much, but it's enough to get you moving.
    I love to watch Biggest Loser, and always have my favorites that I cheer for. Though you aren't on the show, know that I'll be cheering you on.
    Next time you're home let's get together and go do some walking, k?
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you chose to not log in to post a comment please at least leave a name in the name field. Thank you!