More Burnt Coffee

On Monday mornings we have a staff meeting at 8:30am. I prepare for this meeting by setting out water and coffee in the conference room. Normally on Monday I make 2 pots of coffee as with the meeting we'll end up drinking it. But today I only made one as the main coffee drinker in the office is on vacation this week and a second pot this morning will just go to waste.

I put most of the single pot in a coffee pitcher and put it in the conference room leaving about two cups worth in the pot on the burner. I did this because the CFO comes to this meeting and will always get coffee from the pot rather than pitcher. I have no idea why. He also always grabs the largest mug he can find in the cabinet rather than using the disposable cups I put in the conference room with the pitcher. This annoys me to no end but I've learned to deal with it.

After the meeting is over I cleaned up the room as normal but upon going into the kitchen with the coffee pitcher to put what was left back in the pot, I find that someone has started a second pot of coffee. Ok, now I'm pissed. I'm positive that the CFO, upon taking most of what was left in the pot in the kitchen, decided that we needed another pot made. He probably thought he was being nice, but all he has done is waste an entire pot of coffee. In fact right now in the kitchen I have one full pot and one half full pot. The only other person at the meeting who drank any coffee this morning drank one small tiny cup as she always does and as I knew she would. There is no one else in the office this morning that is going to drink any of that coffee and I'm going to have to dump it all out. I will be making a fresh pot this afternoon as I have people coming in who will want it, but the pots this morning will not be any good by then.

If my outrage doesn't quite make sense, we do not have a coffee budget for the office. No office money is spent on coffee. Every single canister of ground coffee is paid for out of one of our employee's pockets which we then graciously put out for others attending meetings in our office to enjoy. So this nob of a CFO is coming to our office, drinking our coffee and wasting our coffee that he is in no way paying for. And I can't say a word to him as he is high enough in the chain of command that he can do pretty much whatever he wants.

Comments