You're Invited

The new head honcho boss officially started work yesterday. Not a bad guy so far. He comes to us from the Military where he was a Brigadier General.

This title was apparently a huge selling point for him getting the job from what I can tell. I'm certain he is qualified, but the chairman of the board has made a big deal out of the fact that we've managed to hire a Brigadier General. This has become apparent to me though the fact that the chairman insists on using the title even though the Manager does NOT want to use it anymore. He has left the military and just wants to be a normal guy with a job.

To welcome the new manager to the community, a reception has been planned for Dec. 1 and invites have been printed to send out to the local community leaders. It is my job to print labels, stuff envelopes and make sure they get sent out. I was working on this yesterday. Around 3pm I started sealing the envelopes and as I am about halfway through I'm told to stop, wait.

The invitations say Brigadier General on them per the orders of the chairman but of course the manager doesn't want them used as he doesn't want to use the title. Luckily the invitations that did not have the title on them were found in a recycle bin. So I start carefully as possible unsealing the envelopes I've already sealed in order to not have to reprint labels as I am out of the fancy clear ones I printed the addresses on. So I'm working on opening them back up when I'm stopped once again and told to just not do anything with them. They realized that they should tell the manager that the title is there by the request of the chairman and ask that he talk to him about it. I don't know when this will happen or what the result of it will be.

I was originally told to have the invitations in the mail today. When this all happened yesterday I was told to no longer worry about that thankfully. I have no idea when I'll be able to finish up the invitations or even which one will be in the envelope. I might be simply resealing the ones I've opened and finishing up the rest, or I might be opening up the rest, pulling out the invite that is there, re-stuffing and then resealing.

Comments