I am a Pokemon GO statistic

My husband and I have been playing Pokemon Go for about 2 weeks now. But on the 13th I managed to join the number of players who have injured themselves while playing and I am completely embarrassed by the entire ordeal. So of course I have to share what happened.

When I first started playing I couldn't understand how people were getting into trouble while playing. The game is designed so that you don't have to be constantly looking at your phone to play. If you enter the range of a pet, the phone will vibrate. If you are in range of a Pokestop it will play a sound. And catching a pet for the most part requires that you stand still. The loading screen for the game even tells you to make sure you are paying attention to what is going on around you.

My husband and I were out for a walk catching Pokemon. I was just a couple tenths of a kilometer short of hatching an egg. We were at our apartment complex and heading back to our building, crossing the street. I wasn't even looking at my phone which is the worst part. I was simply chatting with my husband and focused on the side walk we were heading towards across the way. And that's when it happened. A Wild Parking Curb jumped out in front of me and knocked me to the ground!


Actually I just didn't see the stupid thing as I was looking out ahead of me rather than at my feet. My foot hit it and down I went. I hit hard on my left knee, the only thing saving it from being scraped up was the leggings I was wearing. My right elbow was also scraped up. I sat on the ground wailing in pain while my poor husband tried to make sure I was alright. He wanted to help me up right away but I just cried in pain and told him to go get the car even though we were less than a block from home. He started to walk away and I realized he had my phone with him and I started to feel sick and called him back. I cried and told him not to leave me.

After a few moments the pain subsided enough that I felt like I could stand and that is when I realized that I had done something to my left arm. There were no scrapes or cuts but I couldn't put any pressure on my palm or my wrist through to my elbow would scream in pain. I managed to limp home and put some ice on my leg and arm and hope that I didn't break anything.

The next day I went to the doctor to have them x-ray my arm. My doctor couldn't tell that anything was broken that day and wanted to wait for the radiologist report before making a decision on what to do. But she had a nurse put me in a splint to be on the safe side. The splint only lasted about 5 days before I decided to boycott it. With temps reaching 100F all week long the thing was hot and itchy and just held all my sweat against my arm. I also couldn't hardly do my job at work. So off it came. I finally got a call from my doctor this morning to let me know the results of the radiology report which is that nothing is broken. The nurse also said there was no mention of it maybe being sprained either so I guess I'm fine. She said I can continue to wear the splint for comfort but that I don't have too, which is good because I'm not going to.

I do still have muscle pain in my arm so I figure if it is still hurting this bad by the end of the week I'll make an appointment to go back in to make sure I didn't damage the muscle.

So there you have it, the story about how I became a Pokemon Go statistic.

Comments