Pokemon GO!

Pokemon Go is the latest craze in mobile apps. Having never been a fan of Pokemon I wasn't planning on downloading it but alas I was sucked in. It helps that the app is free.

My husband downloaded the app this morning and by lunch time he was bragging about how many he had caught already. I couldn't let that stand and started the download. There is a quick tutorial that allows you to catch your first Pokemon. I had a cute little Bulbasaur sitting on my desk at work and caught it with ease. And yes I was slacking off and shouldn't have been playing with it at work. But the longer I waited the farther ahead of me my husband would get. I managed to get my second one while checking the mail at work.

Now lately I have been trying to be more active. I bought a new Fitbit and have been active in the challenges my friends and family start. I've given myself a goal of 10,000 steps a day which if I work at it I can finish before I leave work. I have a goal of 1,000 steps each hour. I hit my 10,000 today while walking around the building after work checking in at the Pokestops and looking for more little critters to catch.

But that just wasn't enough. After dinner the hubby and I put on our walking shoes and went hunting some more! There is a nice little pond about a block away from our apartment that had a Pokestop at it. There were a lot of people young and old out walking, and most of them were stopping here and there to check their phone for something to catch. We were done and ready to head home about the time a large group teens came through.

One lap around the pond is about 3/4 of a mile so that along with the walk from our front door it equals about a mile. I have now ended my day with over 14,000 steps and a bunch of funny looking little animals logged into my phone. I'm oddly hooked already. I gotta catch 'em all!

I took a couple of quick pictures of the interface just to show it off a little bit.










I don't know how long this will hold my attention. But for now, it has a pretty good hold on it. And if nothing else, I'm getting in a fair amount of exercise.

Comments