Loot Crate October 2015 Unboxing

Loot Crate is a monthly mystery subscription box. For about $20 you get approximately $40 worth of goodies related to various games, movies, TV shows and other pop culture references. Just before the start of each month they announce the Theme for the following months crate as a clue to what will be in the box. This allows members to unsubscribe for a month if the theme isn't something they are interested in.

I had seen advertisements for Loot Crate for a while but the items never looked very interesting to me until now. The October theme was Time and with the Back to the Future anniversary this month I knew there would be some items related to it in there. Also, you can't have a time crate with out Doctor Who and I'm a big fan there also.

Most unboxings are done as a video but I simply don't have a good set up for that, so still pictures it is!

This is how the box arrived via FedEx SmartPost, meaning it started with FedEx but the home delivery step was completely by USPS.



Inside the box.

A Doc Brown Funko Pop! If you don't know Funko Pop look them up, but they are vinyl figurines.

A t-shirt featuring Bill & Ted's Exellent Adventure. If you don't know this time-travel movie, I recommend checking it out. Unfortunately this shirt is much to small for me to wear. I ordered a lady's 3XL which is the largest they offer, but the shirt is really only maybe a regular L at most. But I love the design so I'll figure something out for it.

Next up is a 1:5 scale replica of the Hover Board used by Marty McFly in Back to the Future II.



A flux capacitor pin.

And finally a Sonic Screwdriver Spork!



And this is the inside of the box, a scene from Bill & Ted.
Over all I'm very happy with the items I got in my Loot Crate. If I could afford to keep my subscription year round I definitely would. But alas it just isn't in my budget right now. But I will be keeping an eye on future themes so that I can still try and get the ones that look really promising for awesome stuff!

Comments